This little town in Georgia makes for a perfect day trip from Jacksonville, FL. It is still warm, but the colors or the nature and buildings make it feel a little bit more like fall. Here are five reasons why you should visit Savannah.
- You can drink while walking! YES! Stop at any bar or restaurant, pick up your favorite drink and get to exploring the city.
- The graceful architecture and rich history make Savannah a charming location of the South.
- The plethora of southern cuisine restaurants will satisfy any taste palette. The food is amazing in every corner.
- Small boutiques and local businesses make for a unique shopping experience.
- Haunted locations are scattered around the city. Pick your favorite ghost tour and get to haunting.
My first stop this time was Wet Willie’s to kick-start the day and make exploring even more fun. You have to stop at Savannah Sweets to taste the amazing pralines.
Then we walked around and took some photos featuring the historical streets and buildings of the city.
We ended up eating a late lunch at Sorry Charlie’s. This video of mine on TikTok shows all the goodness we tasted.
Lastly, I wanted coffee and somehow discovered this beautiful gem away from the busy streets of the Riverwalk. They are specialized in matcha based drinks and the BEST pecan pie I have EVER tasted. The vibes of this coffee shop were perfect to end our day.
Savannah is only a two-hour drive from Jacksonville and always a good idea to escape the daily life. There is sooo much more you can do there and it is one of the most preferred destinations for bachelor and bachelorette’s trips. Drinking and walking? YES! Drinking and pedaling? YES! You have to visit and see for yourself how cool the energy is!